Top 10 Reasons to Become An Organ Donor:
You need reasons to become an organ donor? Check out these facts to start:
1. A new name is added to the transplant waiting list every 13 minutes.
2. From 1993 to today, enrollment on the transplant waiting list increased 205 percent, from 31,694 to 96,690 (actual figures today, you can look at the site - optn.org).
3. There are currently more than 96,000 people on the waitlist for an organ donation.
4. It's fast and simple process that will take only a few minutes of your time.
5. An average of 17 people die each day while on the waiting list for an organ donation.
6. Your decision to become a organ donor could be vital to someone waiting on an organ or tissue transplant.
7. There are no drawbacks to becoming an organ donor.
8. Donating organs and tissues does not prevent an open casket burial.
9. Most major religions with the exceptions of Shinto and Gypsies supports organ donation. Protestant, Catholic, and Jewish faiths, support organ donation as a virtuous and charitable act. Other religions view donation as a personal choice.
10. Organs and tissues from a single donor can be used to benefit more than 50 people on the waiting list.
In addition, you will receive organ donor card. If you put it in your wallet, then others will know of your decision.
Top 10 Reasons to Become An Organ Donor
Top 10 Reasons to Become a Nurse
HEAVEN KNOWS THAT WE NEED THEM HERE ON EARTH!
CHILDREN NEED ORGANS TOO!